For the first time ever WRFR is running a capital campaign to raise funds for the move to the Lincoln Street Center in Rockland, Maine. With a multimillion embezzelment charity scandal going on in the next town over, we decided to examine both sides of the coin.. MAKE A DONATION ON WRFR.ORG and get some FREE SWAG! Listen to the show for details.
1. Buzz Buzz, Brian Setzer Orchestra. (music bed)
2. The Muppet Telethon Theme.
3. Money, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
4. Buzz, Buzz, Buzzing, Tim Hicks.
5. Movie Clip. (Mr. Dees Goes to Town)
6. Make Money Money, John Reuben.
7. The Muppets Movie Clip.
8. WKRP in Cincinnati theme, Richard Cheese.
9. Buzz, Buzz, Buzz, The Hollywood Flames.
10. Show Me The Money clip Jerry Maguire.
11. Money Changes Everything, Cyndi Lauper.
12. This Buzz is for You, Tommy Alverson.
13. Who's Got Your Money, Tina Parol.
14. Movie Clip. (Mr. Dees Goes to Town part 2)
15. Money Greases the Wheel, Ferlin Husky.
16. Not Just Money, Frank Ocean.
17. Scared Money, Amos Lee.
18. Buzz Me Blues, Louis Jordan and His Tympani Five.
19. Gimmie Some Money, Spinal Tap.
20. Coffee is for Closers.
The first of a series.. and a warning. Don't listen to this tape. It will drive you absolutely crazy.
1. It's a small world theme. (music bed)
2. Ducktales Theme, Rockapella.
3. I Will Always Love You, Whitney Houston.
4. Cheers Theme (Everybody knows your name), Gary Portnoy.
5. Daniel, Elton John.
6. The One, Gabz.
7. Lean On Me, Bill Withers.
8. Listen, Melanie Amaro.
9. When Johnny Comes Marching Home, Pete Seeger & Bill MacAdoo.
10. Mandy, Barry Manilow.
11. Friday, Rebecca Black. (quite possibly the worst song ever written)
12. Let It Go. Idina Menzel .
13. 4 Chords, The Axis of Awesome.
14. If I Had $1,000,000. Barenaked Ladies.
15. BONUS PALATE CLEANSER!
Listener submission from TAMM C. Follow along with a young lady who says she is tired of looking for Mr. Right. Hopeless romantics UNTIE! um… or something.
1. Someday my prince will come, Barbra Streisand.
2. 21 Things, Alanis Morissette.
3. Mr Sandman, The Chordettes.
4. Gimmie Gimmie! Gimmie!, ABBA.
5. Dream Lover, The Paris Sisters.
6. Searching for a heart, Warren Zevon.
7. Whole Wide World, The Prissteens.
8. Somebody To Love, Queen.
9. Loverman, Billie Holiday.
10. Looking For The Next Best Thing, Warren Zevon.
11. The Mix Tape Mix, Compilation by TC
12. Lord Byron's Luggage. Warren Zevon.
This tape is a compilation of songs that are bootleg mashups. What's a mashup? It is when you take two songs and blend them together to create something familiar and yet new. Lots of sonic fun in this one! Sorry if I don't properly identify the artist or DJ.. drop me a line if you have better intel.
1. Wipeout, The Fat Boys featuring the Beach Boys. (music bed)
2. Get It on (at the disco) TREX.
3. Get Back, The Beatles VS. LCD Soundsystem vs the Kinks. (DJ FAROFF)
4. Gangnam Busters, PSY VS. Ray Parker Jr. (DJ FAROFF)
5. Rapture Riders, Blondie VS. The Doors (DJ Mark Vidler)
6. Single Ladies in Mayberry, Beyonce VS. The theme from Andy Griffith. (DJ PARTY BEN)
7. Pussycats Gone To Heaven, The Pixies VS. The Pussycat Dolls (DJ LOBSTERDUST)
8. Boulevard of Broken Songs, Green Day VS. Oasis VS. Travis VS. Eminem. (DJ PARTY BEN)
9. Stay the night with the police, The Police VS. Zedd ft. Hayley Williams. (DJ SCHMOLLI)
10. Rolling with the tiger, Adele VS. Survivor. (DJ Ryan Nellis)
11. Stayin' Alive in the Wall, The Bee-Gees VS Pink Floyd. (DJ WAX AUDIO)
12. Part of American Wrecking Girl All Night, Icona Pop VS. Chris Cornell VS. Katy Perry VS. Miley Cyrus VS. Bonnie Mc Kee VS. Empire Of The Sun (DJ MARC JOHNCE)
13. Best Party Song Ever, Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You
One Direction VS. Sean Kingston VS. Martin Solveig VS. Bonnie Mckee VS. Selena Gomez VS. Rihanna VS. Ke$ha (DJ RAHEEM D)
14. Can't Hold Eleanor, Beatles VS Macklemore.
Pay tribute to the MIX. Well, it is one year later and we have put together a show of nothing but mix tape tribute songs. Along with bits from our favorite record store.
1. Anniversary. (music bed) , Travis.
2. Vintage Maxell "high fidelity" comercial.
3. Mix Tape, Michael Shelley.
4. Mixtape, Tift Merrit.
5. Mixtape, Butch Walker.
6. High Fidelity movie clip.
7. Mix Tape, Johnny Socko.
8. Mix Tape, Gavin Bradley.
9. Mix Tape, Artichoke.
10. High Fidelity movie clip.
11. Mixtape, Tom Milsom.
12. Mixtape, Jimmy Eat World.
13. High Fidelity movie clip.
14. Mixtape, Tiemo Heauer.
15. Mixtape, Brand New.
16. Mix Tape (for a lover), The Sight Seers.
17. Mix Tape, Dawn McCoy.
18. High Fidelity movie clip.
They recorded more #1 singles than any other artists ever, and nobody seems to know their names. They have more radio airtime than any other musicians… ever. The Funk Brothers were the studio musicians that delivered the MOTOWN sound and this tape is a tribute to their talent.
1. We'll Sing in the Sunshine, Gale Garnet (music bed)
2. Money, Barrett Strong.
3. You've Really Got A Hold On Me, Smokey Robinson.
4. Bernadette, Four Tops.
5. (love is like a) Heatwave, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas.
6. Ain't to Proud to Beg, Temptations
7. I Heard It Through the Grapevine, Gladys Knight and the Pips.
8. Reach Out I'll Be There, Four Tops.
9. My Girl, Temptations.
10. Ain't no Mountain High Enough, Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrel.
11. The Tears Of A Clown, Smokey Robinson.
12. Please Mr. Postman, The Marvelettes.
13. Can't hurry Love, Supremes.
14. Higher and Higher, Jackie Wilson.
15. Baby Love, Supremes.
16. I Second That Emotion, Smokey Robinson.
17. What Becomes of the Broken Hearted, Joan Osborne.
Sit back and have fun as we creep you out, hand out bits of candy, and dig into the absolutely soul ripping last track.
1. Funeral March of a Marrionette (music bed)
2. Monster squad (movie clip)
3. Halloween Spooks, Lambert, Hendricks & Ross.
4. The Haunted House, poem read by Paul Hecht.
5. Ghost in the Graveyard, Prairie Ramblers.
6. The Wobblin' Goblin, Rosemary Clooney.
7. Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein. (movie clip)
8. The Ghost Walk, Borrah Minevitch & The Harmonica Rascals.
9. Scooby-Doo Theme, Music Theme Players.
10. Ghost Dance, Truett & George.
11. Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, (movie clip)
12. The Headless Horseman, Kat Starr.
13. The Cradle that Rocked Itself, poem read by Paul Hecht.
14. Ol' Man Mose, Wingy Mannone & His Orchestra.
15. Thriller, Jiordan Tolli.
16. The Ghost of Smokey Joe, Cab Calloway.
17. Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, (movie clip)
18. Gravedigger, Dave Mathews.
19. The Velvet Ribbon , Poem read by Carole Danell.
20. Swingin' at the Seance, The Deep River Boys.
21. Bride of Frankenstein, (movie clip)
22. Peek-a-Boo, Siouxsie and the Banshees.
Listen to a mixtape tribute to the greatest vehicle ever built. Fun in the sun and loads of sentimentality.
1. Jeep Jockey Jump, Glenn Miller & The Army Air Force Band. (Intro bed)
2. Beep Beep Jeep, Travis Matte & The Kingpins.
3. It's a Jeep Thing, Paul Randy Mingo.
4. Six Jerks In A Jeep, The Andrews Sisters.
5. This Old Jeep, Donna Lee Holman.
6. The Jeep Song, Lee Coulter.
7. Techno Jeep, Julian Smith.
8. Little Bo Beep Has Lost Her Jeep, Spike Jones.
9. 88 Jeep, Eric Harrison.
10. The Jeep Is Jumpin', Johnny Hodges.
11. Four Wheel Drive, C.W. McCall.
12. Jeep's Blues, Duke Ellington.
13. Hottie In A Jeep, AwRY.
14. Ke Ala aKa Jeep, Mighty J.
15. Jeep Jeep, Krista Marie.
16. Jeep For Two, Swaai Boys.
We flipped the 90 minute tape over from a few weeks ago and decided to share side B.
Intro music bed: Opposites Attract, Paula Abdul.
1. Set Adrift on Memory Bliss, PM Dawn.
2. Epic, Faith No More.
3. Groove Is In The Heart, Dee-Light.
4. Elvis Is Everywhere, Mojo Nixon.
5. All This Time, Sting.
6. American Music, Violent Femmes.
7. Tom's Diner, DNA featuring Suzanne Vega.
8. Losing My Religion, REM on MTV Unplugged.
9. Under The Bridge, Red Hot Chili Peppers.
10. King For A Day, Thompson Twins.
11. Watching Scotty Die, The Dead Milkmen.
He sent me a tape this week and it had blue written on it. I thought He was sad, but that is not necessarily the case here. He was literally talking about the color. Give it a listen, parts of it are quite trippy. Interesting thing... he didn't put any blues music on it...so I snuck one in. I guess I will need to put one together for him.
INTRO: The Smurf Theme.. Remix.
1. Blue Suede Shoes, Elvis Presley.
2. Blue Chair, Elvis Costello & The Attractions.
3. It's a Blue Sky, Simple Things Amuse.
4. Singing The Blues, Paul McCartney Unplugged.
5. I Sing the Blues, Etta James.
6. Boy Blue, Electric Light Orchestra Strange Magic: The Best Of Electric Light Orchestra Rock.
7. Blue Jay Way, The Beatles, Magical Mystery Tour.
8. My Blue Heaven, Frank Sinatra.
9. Folsom Prison Blues, Johnny Cash.
10. What Did You Do To Be So Black And Blue?, Louis Armstrong.
11. Tangled Up In Blue, Bob Dylan.
12. Blue Bayou, Roy Orbison.
13. Blue (Da Ba Dee) [Extended Remix, Eiffel 65.